Peter O’Donnell, Jr. Postdoctoral Fellowship
ICES believes postdoctoral researchers are vital to the Institute's work. As a result, an endowment was donated as funding for the Peter O’Donnell, Jr. Postdoctoral Fellowship in Computational Engineering and Sciences. The generous fund allows ICES to attract outstanding computational scientists who have recently completed doctoral studies in areas relevant to research conducted at the Institute. Fellowship stipends are $60,000 per year. In addition, fellows receive UT employee benefits and relocation expenses up to $1,000. Under the terms of the endowment, preference is given to applicants who are U.S. citizens, but qualified foreign students will also be considered.
- Candidates must display a significant ability to contribute to interdisciplinary research efforts in the areas of computational engineering, scientific and mathematical modeling, computational and applied mathematics, and computational visualization. In general, fellowship recipients collaborate in research under the supervision of one or more ICES core faculty members for one year. The fellowship may be extended for an additional year depending on performance and availability of funds.
- Teaching is discouraged. However, especially compelling requests must be presented to the ICES Director for approval before any teaching offers are accepted.
- Without prior approval from the ICES Director, applicants must not hold concurrently another fellowship or similar award from the University of Texas System or any other entity.
Fellowship Application Materials
- ICES Postdoctoral Fellowship application form
- Letter of interest addressed to the Director of ICES
- 100-200 word narrative of proposed work in interdisciplinary research in computational science, engineering and applied mathematics, including the name(s) of the ICES core faculty member(s) with whom you are interested in working. (Candidates are encouraged to contact ICES core faculty members regarding research interests in their area of expertise -- a full list of core faculty may be found on our website.)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Copies of professional articles, papers and publications
- Applications are due January 6, 2016 (late submissions will not be considered).
- Fellowship awards are for the period September 1, 2015 - August 31, 2016, and based on funding availability and performance, can be extended for an additional year.
- All applicants will be notified of the evaluation committee’s decision by the end of February.
Instructions for Submissions
- Email PDF documents to email@example.com.
- Recommendation letters sent via email must be sent directly by the composer/signee.
- Please consult the program overview for additional details. Information regarding research centers and groups can be found on the ICES website.
- Hard copies of the application package are accepted and should be mailed to: ICES Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Attn: Nora Roostaie, Program Coordinator 201 E. 24th Street, POB 4.102 Austin, TX 78712-0027 For questions regarding this program please contact the Program Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.